About this course
Do you want to become a better problem solver?
This Java course will provide you with a strong understanding of basic Java programming elements and data abstraction using problem representation and the object-oriented framework. As the saying goes, “A picture is worth a thousand words.” This course will use sample objects such as photos or images to illustrate some important concepts to enhance understanding and retention. You will learn to write procedural programs using variables, arrays, control statements, loops, recursion, data abstraction and objects in an integrated development environment.
This course is comprised of two 5-week parts.
Part 1 introduces programming fundamentals:
- Problem solving
- Primitive data types and arithmetic expressions
- Object-oriented programming basics
- Branching and Loops
Part 2 covers the following topics:
- String manipulation
- File I/O
- Simple event-driven programming
- Abstract data type
What you’ll learn
- Take a “real-life” problem and abstract out the pertinent aspects necessary to solve it in an algorithmic manner.
- Formulate formal solutions to well-defined problems using the logic of a programming language.
- Implement formal solutions in Java using an integrated development environment.
- Understand the basics of data abstraction using the object-oriented framework.
You can Enroll this course with EDX for Online courses for free and if you want to certificate you should pay 99$
Here is the link to Enroll