MySQL Workbench Information
MySQL Workbench is a graphical tool for working with MySQL servers and databases. MySQL Workbench fully supports MySQL server versions 5.5 and higher. It is also compatible with older MySQL server 5.x versions, except in certain situations (like displaying the process list) due to changed system tables. It does not support MySQL server versions 4.x.
MySQL Workbench functionality covers five main topics:
- SQL Development: Enables you to create and manage connections to database servers. Along with enabling you to configure connection parameters, MySQL Workbench provides the capability to execute SQL queries on the database connections using the built-in SQL Editor.
- Data Modeling (Design): Enables you to create models of your database schema graphically, reverse and forward engineer between a schema and a live database, and edit all aspects of your database using the comprehensive Table Editor. The Table Editor provides easy-to-use facilities for editing Tables, Columns, Indexes, Triggers, Partitioning, Options, Inserts and Privileges, Routines and Views.
- Server Administration: Enables you to administer MySQL server instances by administering users, performing backup and recovery, inspecting audit data, viewing database health, and monitoring the MySQL server performance.
- Data Migration: Allows you to migrate from Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, Sybase ASE, SQLite, SQL Anywhere, PostreSQL, and other RDBMS tables, objects and data to MySQL. Migration also supports migrating from earlier versions of MySQL to the latest releases.
- MySQL Enterprise Support: Support for Enterprise products such as MySQL Enterprise Backup, MySQL Firewall, and MySQL Audit.
MySQL Workbench is available in two editions: the Community Edition and the Commercial Edition. The Community Edition is available free of charge. The Commercial Edition provides additional Enterprise features, such as access to MySQL Enterprise Backup, MySQL Firewall, and MySQL Audit. For a complete comparison, see http://www.mysql.com/products/workbench/features.html
For notes detailing the changes in each release, see the MySQL Workbench Release Notes.
You can download mysql-workbench for windows 32,64 bit here
You can download mysql-workbench for MacOS 32,64 bit here